In Revelation 3:14-22, the modern day church is represented by the town of Laodicea; neither hot nor cold. It sits in the middle, not wishing to offend or oppose the evil within it or around it. It’s comfortable with its lot,
but, I’m uncomfortable ….
• that the church is comfortable with divorce, Malachi 2:16
• that the church is comfortable with re-marriage of divorcees, Matthew 5:32
• that the church is comfortable with working, playing and shopping on God’s holy day, Isaiah 58:13,14
• that the church is comfortable with Sabbath being changed to Sunday, the 1st day of the week, as instituted by the Roman Catholic church under Emperor Constantine, when the bible clearly states that the laws of God are immutable, Matthew 5:17-19, Exodus 31:17
• that the church is comfortable with the false religion of Roman Catholicism that teaches that Mary is co-redeemer with Christ, that you commune with Christ though Mary first, that you worship dead saints, that allows any religion to co-exist with it providing you acknowledge that their church is first because it’s built on Peter, that worships the pope as Caesar calling him Pontifex Maximus of the Babylonian Order, that used indulgences to steal from the poor to build St Peter’s Basilica, that believes you can get to heaven via child baptism, via the confessional, via purgatory and via last rites provided you’re a catholic, that worships graven images.
• that the church is comfortable with worshipping God under the banner of the two heathen feasts of Eastre (the goddess of fertility) and Christ-mass (the birth date of Saturn), instead of Passover (1Corinthians 5:7,8) and Tabernacles, Zechariah 14:16
• that the church is comfortable with prosperity whilst turning a blind eye to the homeless, James 1:27
• that the church is comfortable with merchandising its music and books
• that the church picks and chooses whatever parts of verses of scripture it likes to make itself comfortable
• that the church is comfortable with Medicare financed abortions, Psalm 139:13-16
• that the church is comfortable with the rights of same sex marriage
• that the church is comfortable with the legalising of ‘defacto’ and prostitution
• that the church is comfortable with women in headship, 1Timothy 2:12
• that the church is comfortable with the Ten Commandments instead of fearfully respecting them as the only words ever written by the hand of God Himself
• that the church is comfortable with ecumenicalism
• that the church is comfortable that the Queen turns a blind eye to the adulterous Prince Charles, the future head of the Anglican church
• that the church is comfortable with the invasion of foreign religions and mosques
• that the church is comfortable that our land is decaying (over-farming, salinity, pollution, acid-rain) Leviticus 18:24,25
• that the church is comfortable with the increase of familiar spirits (Leviticus 20:6), drugs, and violent crime
• that the church is comfortable that most or Australia’s children are indoctrinated against God via society’s acceptance of the education system being the tool for teaching the religion of humanism.
• that the church manipulates the ‘grace’ theology and the ‘love and acceptance’ philosophy as an excuse to avoid confronting its sin
• that the church is comfortable that homosexuality is a recessant gene and not a sin and the fruit of the church’s own discrediting of the laws of God. If you discredit the laws of God, society goes backwards, not forwards, Leviticus 26.
• that the church is comfortable with debt to the world so it can get what it wants now
• that the church practices and promotes the business principles of the world … ‘act as if, speak it into being, what you can dream you can achieve’.
• that the church competes against itself for more money and numbers
• that the church advertises itself and its wares on television. I can’t see Jesus doing that.
• that the church is comfortable with ‘Australian Idol’
• that the church is comfortable with promiscuous sex on television
• that the church is comfortable that our assets and land is being owned by foreigners with anti-christ religious beliefs
• that the church is comfortable that we make money to keep our lifestyle afloat by selling our mining resources to Communist China whilst their government imprisons and tortures our Christian brothers and sisters
• that the church is comfortable that we voted for an atheistic prime minister who has a foreign affairs minister who practices and promotes lesbianism
• that the church is comfortable that persecuted boat people should be incarcerated and sent back to face their own wars
• that the church is comfortable with the world and copies the world’s music, bikinis, fashion and lifestyle instead of offering a distinct separate alternative, Leviticus 20:23, John 15:19, James 4:4
• that the church appeases itself with programs, helps and evangelisation
• that the church would not consider selling its assets to give it all to the poor
• that the church would rather show off its assets than rent a hall or meet in homes
• that Christians are building bigger waterfront homes instead of down-sizing and sharing
• that Christians are working for money instead of using their skills for the community and betterment of mankind
• that the church continues to build big centres of worship when there’s no authority in the Word of God to do so
The church is afraid of persecution and avoids it at all costs. It’s afraid of losing its money and its comforts, and compromises its principles for its prosperity, and defames those who would threaten its status quo. If the church worked in unity, it could actually free Australia from its debt, and thus free Australia to once again govern in its own right without being dictated to by a one-world authority. It could also free Australia from the power of humanism that’s sweeping across our nation and destroying the family structure and the minds and souls of our youth.
I don’t hate the church. Like Obadiah, there are many Godly people in the system, but, like Elijah, I’m not comfortable that the church is comfortable. Romans 12:2 “be not conformed to this world”
May God open your spiritual eyes to what’s really going on before we reap the judgment of our sin, 2 Chronicles 7:14
Pastor Paul Smith